CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Little Miss Maddie

Last week we decided that it was time to take the bottle away from Maddie. She was waking up way to many times in the night for it and Richard and I were tired of doing that. The first couple of days were awesome. She didn't even really ask for it and She slept through the night for 2 nights in a row. The next day however she got sick. She had a really high fever and the stomach flu and so after 2 days of not eating and then her asking for it I decided that it would be good to get something on her stomach so I gave it to her and she went right to sleep. She is over the flu thank goodness but she does not know how to go to sleep without the comfort of her bottle. I know that was bad thing on my part to let it get to this but now I don't know what to do. She cries practically all night. She doesn't ask for it but she just doesn't know how to go to sleep without it. Last night after she cried for 2 hours straight I decided to just give it to her so that I could get some sleep. With in 5 min of her having it she was sound asleep. HELP!!! I am going crazy. What do I do!! I know she doesn't really need it. But the crying it out thing isn't working I am sleep deprived and just want to give up. What do I do?!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

ooooh, she is SO little!! I know how you feel though. But I had to pick my battles, and I thought "this is her comfort, why am I taking it away?". So maybe you could just make a couple bottles every night so when she wakes up, there is another one there. (then you and Richard don't have to get up). I know everyone would think that this is the WORST advice, but since I have 5 kids, this is what I have learned. Good luck with it all! Love ya!

Crista said...

I have the same problem.Emma is 18 months old,she will drink out of a sippy cup during the day,but she won't go to sleep without a bottle at night.

davidandmelaniewilson said...

If you are giving a bottle at night for sleeping you risk dental rot. Not-so-bueno. When I was trying to get Jackson to go to bed on his own, I would let him cry for 5 min., then stop in to visit and calm him down without picking him up. Then let him cry for 7 minutes, and do the same thing. Then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes. By the 15 minute run, Jackson was usually out. The next night he was out by the 10 minute run. It took a few nights to get into the routine of realizing he was going down by himself without any "comforts" and he slept through the night much better. Little ones love, and get used to, routines--whatever they may be. When little ones go to sleep on their own, they are much better at putting themselves back to sleep if they stir in the night.